Monday, September 27, 2010

Blake Mycoskie and Rick Bayless

1) I had already known about TOMS shoes and I had participated in "One Day Without Shoes" held by the store. My opinion of the store is very high and I wish there were more people like Mycoskie who thought about people over profit. I will definitely get some TOMS shoes when I get the chance.
2) TOMS isn't doing what other businesses do, like TV advertising and posting ads on the Internet. Instead, it's relying on word of mouth and the publicity it's getting by doing charity. It has received a lot of publicity because of the celebrities who endorse it and the magazine spreads it gets for doing good. YouTube videos from users and the Chief Shoe Givers also help.
3) I learned what types of shoes TOMS sells and where it gets the ideas from. I also learned how such a small company could lead such a huge movement.
4) Rick Bayless raised awareness about authentic Mexican cuisine and the need for fresh food in super markets. His TV show and restaurants helped him publicize his line of products.
5) Rick Bayless's TV show helped him publicize his food product line. His restaurants helped spread word about his line too. Also, Whole Foods, the nation's leading specialty food store, picked it up, where it became really popular.
6) I think Frontera tastes a lot fresher and more sophisticated than the average brand. It tastes much better. I already buy all-natural/organic food and I eat Frontera salsa with my chips, so I definitely think it's worth the extra money.
7) I think the marketing strategies have worked for these companies because they are popular and are still expanding. They have created a buzz that is not going to die down soon and that is the best marketing strategy. Frontera and TOMS shoes are known for doing something right and that's a really good way to convince people to buy your product.

No comments:

Post a Comment